Mahle places the first stone of a new plant in Coahuila
Mexico Industry | January 25, 2023 |

The company of German origin, Mahle, is committed to its growth in Coahuila, for which it celebrated the laying of the first stone of its seventh plant in the state, where it will produce heat exchangers for the automotive sector.

This project will be based in the Chuy María Industrial Park, in the municipality of Ramos Arizpe, and represents an investment of 58 million dollars. According to Martín Mondragón, director of Mahle plants 1 and 2 in the Santa María Industrial Park, 80% of its production will be for export, mainly for the US market, and the remaining 20% will be for sale in the domestic market. .

Check here: Reynosa was the border market where industrial demand increased the most in 2022

He also commented that the new complex consists of three stages, considering an immediate expansion so that they can produce 100% and reach 30,000 units per month. He explained that the products that will be manufactured in the place will be the heat exchangers, since it is one of the products that has had the greatest demand in recent years in the automotive sector.

Mahle also has a presence in other states such as Aguascalientes, Chihuahua y Estado de México, where engine components are also produced, such as connecting rods, pistons, metals, among others.

Martín Mondragón said that Mahle understands the current situation of the automotive sector in the region, therefore, they are adapting to new trends and their production will be divided into manufacturing 50% of their inventory for combustion cars, 40% for electric vehicles and the remainder for hybrid units.

Of interest: Performance of the industrial sector broke a record in 2022

The manager mentioned that they serve almost all automotive brands, so they plan to continue investing in Coahuila because they consider it an important point for their operations.

Meanwhile, Miguel Ángel Riquelme Solís, governor of Coahuila, recalled that Coahuila occupies the top positions in competitiveness and job creation; he assured that they will have an excellent workforce, job stability and security for the crossing of their products with the United States.

In Solili you can consult industrial warehouses available in Monterrey y Ciudad Juárez

Original note

Stay up to date with the most important news to the real estate

Subscribe Solili Newsletter